Petersen Consulting believes it provides out-sourced expertise to some of the most interesting clients in agriculture.
- The Agricultural Business Council of Kansas City (AgBizKC) - One of the founding members, Petersen now provides comprehensive association managment services serving as the Executive Director of the Association. The Council is an alliance of individuals, businesses, and organizations associated with the extensive agricultural industry of the Kansas City region. The Council's mission is to advocate growth and awareness of the food, fiber, agri-science, and related industries in the Kansas City region.
- American Association of Grain Inspection and Weighing Agencies (AAGIWA) - Petersen is providing the spark and organizational skills to assist the board of directors of this group to re-invigorate the association. Petersen initially provided the group with a strategic plan assessing the challenges and opportunities facing its business sector as well as for the association. Petersen was subsequently retained to provide an array of association management services.
- Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS) - Petersen is providing a connection for GEAPS members to senior grain company executives. More specifically, Petersen's role as director of strategic marketing for GEAPS makes him responsible for ensuring effective communications between GEAPS and senior grain executives to insure that GEAPS programs and services reflect the priorities of industry leaders.
- Transportation, Elevator & Grain Merchants Association (TEGMA) - Petersen serves as president and provides a full range of administrative services to this industry trade group. TEGMA is a North American trade association involved in the shipment of North American grain to customers all over the world.
Past clients include these agricultural businesses and organizations:
- AdFarm. A marketing and communications company with offices in Kansas City, Fargo, Calgary, and Guelph. The firm balances "agness" with "adness" to help clients deliver messages that persuade, attract and intrigue the audience. Petersen assisted the firm in providing farm policy expertise to clients with programs for the farm media.
- Agristar Global Networks, Ltd. A satellite-based broadband communications company that provides high-speed Internet connectivity and agricultural business information and related services. Petersen assisted the firm with a second round of financing, a private placement.
- Farmers For Farm Credit. A grassroots coalition of farmer-stockholders in the Omaha-based Farm Credit Services of America (FCSA) which organized in 2005 to oppose the cooperative's management in selling the financial institution to a private banking interest. Petersen assisted the coalition through staff leadership in communicating its message and representation with political leaders and farm organizations. The coalition's effort proved successful when the FCSA Board voted against pursuing the sales agreement and to retain farmer ownership.
- Farms Technology, LLC. Petersen served as a board advisor to this start-up grain marketing software company that provides an electronic link that connect grain merchandisers and their farmer-customers in transacting cash grain. Petersen also assisted the firm with business development, governance, and public relations initiatives.
- Machinery Link. Assists producers in managing their machinery assets through equipment cost sharing. The firm provides multi-year leasing for large farm equipment where several producers in different geographies can share the use of the equipment. Petersen assisted the firm in gaining visibility with major agribusinesses.
- The ProExporter Network®. PRX provides economic research and analysis on grain and energy markets to the leading firms in U.S. agriculture. Petersen served as director of marketing for the firm, handling its seminars and marketing initiatives.
- The Wheat Council. A start-up effort designed to bring together all elements of the U.S. wheat industry - from producer to baker - to build consensus on key issues facing this industry. Petersen provided the group with staff leadership, representation, and public relations services.